29 Mar How To Clean Hybrid Flooring
Hybrid flooring is a popular choice among homeowners because of its durability, water-resistance, and realistic appearance. However, like any type of flooring, hybrid flooring requires regular cleaning and maintenance to ensure its longevity and appearance. In this article, we will discuss how to clean hybrid flooring correctly.
Step 1: Sweep or Vacuum
The first step in cleaning hybrid flooring is to sweep or vacuum the floor to remove any dirt, dust, or debris. Use a soft-bristled broom or a vacuum with a hard floor setting to avoid scratching the floor. Be sure to clean the corners and edges of the room, as dirt and debris can accumulate in these areas.
Step 2: Mop with Warm Water and Mild Detergent
After sweeping or vacuuming, the next step is to mop the floor with warm water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these can damage the floor. Instead, use a pH-neutral cleaner that is specifically designed for use on hybrid flooring.
Dampen a microfiber mop in the cleaning solution, wring it out, and mop the floor in small sections. Rinse the mop frequently in clean water to prevent the cleaning solution from leaving streaks on the floor. Once you have mopped the entire floor, go over it again with a clean, damp mop to remove any residual cleaning solution.
Step 3: Dry the Floor
After mopping, it is important to dry the floor thoroughly to prevent water damage or warping. Use a clean, dry microfiber mop or towel to dry the floor, or allow it to air dry. Avoid walking on the floor until it is completely dry to prevent slipping or falling.
Tips for Cleaning Hybrid Flooring
In addition to the above steps, there are several tips to keep in mind when cleaning hybrid flooring:
- Avoid using steam cleaners, as these can damage the flooring and void the warranty.
- Use furniture pads or felt protectors on the legs of furniture to prevent scratches and dents.
- Wipe up spills and stains immediately to prevent them from setting in.
- Place doormats at the entrances to your home to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto the floor.
- Use a pH-neutral cleaner and avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals.
- Avoid using vinegar or lemon juice, as these can damage the floor’s finish.
- Test any new cleaning products or methods on a small, inconspicuous area of the floor before using them on the entire floor.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to remove stubborn stains or dirt.
- Avoid using excessive water when cleaning the floor, as this can cause water damage or warping.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for cleaning and maintenance to ensure the longevity and appearance of your flooring.
Cleaning hybrid flooring correctly is essential to ensuring its longevity and appearance. By following the above steps and tips, you can keep your hybrid flooring looking clean and beautiful for years to come. At Eastwood Carpets & Flooring, we offer a wide range of hybrid flooring options to suit the diverse needs of our customers. Contact us today to learn more about our flooring products and services, and to schedule a consultation with one of our flooring specialists.
If you’d like to chat about your project, please call us on (02) 9638 2766 or fill out the form on our contact page and our team will be in touch.